Maximize Your Trucker Tax Savings for the Long Haul

Learn how 1-800Accountant can help you navigate the complexities of truck driver taxes, from form 2290 to owner operator tax deductions.


Getting started is easy and free.

  • Schedule a time to speak to one of our experts.
  • Tell us about your trucking business’s needs.
  • We’ll create a year-round tax strategy and match you with a tax advisor experienced in the trucking industry.

Work With Trucker Tax & Accounting Professionals

Maintaining the drive to efficiently manage all aspects of your trucking business can be challenging. That’s why 1-800Accountant offers accounting services to truckers like you. Our services are affordable and stress-free while providing powerful insights that keep you rolling.

Tax Preparation for Truckers

Don’t pay more than you have to in trucking taxes. We do your taxes for you by finding every deduction you’re entitled to and ensuring your trucking business is structurally optimized.

Tax Advisory

Heavy Highway Use Tax

A common tax you’ll pay as a trucker is the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax. You’ll use the 2290 truck tax form to file and pay this tax.

The heavy vehicle use tax has a filing season from July 1 through June 30. If you used your truck during any of these months, you’d have until the end of the following month to file and make your payment.

Tax Advisory

Accounting Services for the Trucking Industry

We match you with an expert trucking tax advisor to help keep your business moving in the right direction.

Tax Advisory

Who can claim truck driver tax deductions?

Truck drivers are eligible for several deductions related to their industry and job duties.

Common truck driver tax deductions:

  • Cell phone and internet usage
  • Fuel and travel
  • Medical
  • Licensing
  • Medical examinations
  • Truck maintenance or repairs
  • Tractors
  • Trailers

Trucker Accounting FAQs

To calculate tax on your rental income, you add up all the rent that you’ve received, plus any property-related costs, and subtract the expenses from your gross income.

Section 179 typically applies to cars, SUVs, and trucks used for business purposes at least 50% of the time.

How much owner operators have to pay in taxes depends on how their business is structured and ranges from 10% up to 37%.

Get started image

Speak to our experts about trucking accounting today!

Get the most out of your trucking business by working with the professionals at 1-800Accountant. All it takes is a quick call to get rolling!

Subscribe to our exclusive newsletter

for tax tips, insights, and more, curated to help your business grow.