1-800Accountant Blog


How to Complete Form 1099-MISC

Filing your tax return as an individual can be complicated enough, but being an employer brings its own set of complications and requirements. As a small business, you must report on the company’s income, and you must also report on the income you provided for others.  You will file an information return with the IRS […]


Form 1099-MISC: What Employers and Independent Contractors Need to Know

What is Form 1099-MISC? Form 1099-MISC is an information return provided by employers to give to independent contractors and other non-employees. The information on this form includes the total earnings accumulated from a business or client you worked for during the calendar year. You report this information on your personal tax return with Schedule C attached. Since […]


Determining Tax Penalties with Form 2210

Tax season is a stressful time of the year for many people. However, it can be especially tough for small business owners and self-employed workers. Most taxpayers’ employers withhold income tax from paychecks, so employees don’t have to worry about underpaying or missing the deadlines for tax payments. On the other hand, small business owners […]


Form 433-D

Form 433-D is a useful tax government form. While it is relatively easy to complete, you may have questions as you complete the form. There are a few things that you should know before completing the form, such as the installment agreement types and minimum payment requirements. Here’s an overview of Form 433-D.  What is […]


Taxes for Truckers: What is Form 2290?

Form 2290 serves multiple purposes for truck drivers that need to report changes to their tax status, truck, or the weight of the truck. Fortunately, it isn’t difficult to complete and file your Form 2290.  Here’s what you should know about Form 2290! What Is a 2290 Form in Trucking? Form 2290 is a tax […]


Form 4506-T: What You Need to Access Your Tax Transcripts

Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, may solve some problems that can arise if you’ve needed tax return transcripts but aren’t sure how to get them. There are some things that you should know about Form 4506-T, including differences and how to complete the form. Here is what you should know about Form […]


Form 4868: What to Do When You’re Running Behind

April 15*** seems to sneak up on us every year, so the Internal Revenue Service provides a way for individuals to extend the deadline for filing taxes. Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, offers up to 6 months for you to get your paperwork in order and […]


Filling Out Tax Form 720

If you are responsible for filing the taxes of a business that sells products and services with an excise tax, then Form 720 is how you take care of the required Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Return. While consumers may not be aware they are paying excise taxes, as they are usually included in the price […]


A Brief Breakdown of Form 5329

During the year, you might have made an early IRA withdrawal or put excess contributions into your retirement plan. If so, you may be penalized by the Internal Revenue Service, which means you must report this on Form 5329. What is Form 5329? Form 5329 is an IRS document used to report additional taxes on IRAs […]


IRS Reveals 2017 Dirty Dozen Tax Scams

Each and every year, the Internal Revenue Service releases a list of the “dirty dozen” tax scams the agency recommends taxpayers be on the lookout for throughout the year. That’s because scammers seem to come up with innovative tactics to bilk money out of innocent taxpayers all the time. The list also includes tax moves […]